1) Introduction to Her Edit.
This website (‘site’) is owned by the Her Edit. Her Edit believes you have a right to privacy on the web and Her Edit works to protect your security online as vigorously as possible.
This policy applies to all pages hosted on this site. It does not apply to other organisations to which Her Edit may link and whose privacy policies may differ.
2) On what basis does Her Edit collect personal information?
Personal information Her Edit holds about you will be collected and used because you have consented for Her Edit to do so for the specific purposes described in this policy.
3) What personal information does Her Edit collect?
Her Edit may collect the following personal information from you:
- Your name, email address and content you may have created or provided through your use of the site.
- Personal information you give to Her Edit via email or information voluntarily given to Her Edit via forms, meetings, telephone or postal mail.
- A record of any correspondence between you and Her Edit.
- Details of your visits to the site, the resources and pages that you access and any searches you make.
- Any information Her Edit may require from you when you report a problem or complaint.
- The number of communications you make with Her Edit.
- By using cookies. If you’d like further information about cookies in general, visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk (please note that we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites).
4) How is your personal information used?
Her Edit may use the personal information gathered for the following purposes:
- To send you the latest copy of Her Edit or any other relevant communications pertaining to Her Edit.
- Ensure that the content of the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To analyse and improve the services offered on the site – for example to provide you with the most user friendly navigation experience.
- To track usage.
- Assist in making general improvements to our services.
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
5) Does Her Edit share my personal information?
Her Edit does not disclose any personal information you provide to any third parties other than as follows:
- Where personal information such as email addresses is passed to the companies that host our website or distributes Her Edit or other communications and/or our IT support who provides technical support and services in the provision of our website and general IT services.
- If Her Edit is under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
- To protect our rights, property and safety, or the rights, property and safety of our users or any other third parties. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, Her Edit shall not disclose any of your personal information unless you give Her Edit permission to do so.
Her Edit does not share personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) unless adequate safeguarding procedures are in place.
6) How secure is the personal information you give to Her Edit?
Personal information collected on sites is stored in controlled servers with limited access. Your personal information may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom where Her Edit or its partners are located.
Her Edit will take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are carried out in order to safeguard the personal information Her Edit collects from you and protect against unlawful access and accidental loss or damage. These measures may include (as necessary):
- protecting our servers by both hardware and software firewalls;
- locating our data processing storage facilities in secure locations;
- when necessary, disposing of or deleting your personal information so it is done so securely;
- regularly backing up all personal information Her Edit holds.
Her Edit will ensure that all its team members are aware of their privacy and personal information security obligations. This notice and our procedures for handling personal information will be reviewed as necessary.
Unfortunately, the transmission of personal information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Her Edit will do its best to protect your personal information, Her Edit cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Her Edit has received your personal information, Her Edit will use the strict procedures and security features referred to in this clause to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7) How can you opt out of receiving messages from Her Edit?
If you do not wish to receive messages from Her Edit, please send an email asking that your personal information be removed from Her Edit databases to email@example.com.
8) How long will Her Edit keep your personal information?
Where you have given consent for Her Edit to have your personal information Her Edit shall continue to use it for that purpose for seven years from the last date on which you have interacted with us, at which point Her Edit will ask you again if you wish to continue your consent. If at that point you do not respond, Her Edit will cease to use your personal information for that purpose, for example emailing you any further issues of the Her Edit magazine.
For any category of personal information not specifically defined in this Notice, and unless otherwise specified by applicable law, the required retention period for any personal information will be deemed to be 7 years from the date of receipt by Her Edit of that personal information.
The retention periods stated in this Notice can be prolonged or shortened as may be required (for example, in the event that legal proceedings apply to the personal information or if there is an on-going investigation into the personal information).
9) Your Rights – How can you access, correct or delete your personal information?
You have a right to know about how Her Edit protects your personal information, (as set out in this policy).
You can also request information about the personal information Her Edit holds about you (a subject access request). Please contact Her Edit via Jayne.firstname.lastname@example.org.
You always have the right to unsubscribe from Her Edit magazine where Her Edit relies on your consent for holding your personal information.
Please let Her Edit know if you need to update your personal information or if the personal information Her Edit holds on you is incorrect.
You also have a right to restrict processing of your personal information and the right to object to your personal information being processed.
You have the right to ask Her Edit to stop using your personal information in certain ways (as set out in the policy).
You have the right to ask Her Edit to delete your personal information. Her Edit will securely delete the personal information in question within one month
10) Contact Her Edit
If you have any questions relating to this policy or the personal information Her Edit holds about you, please email email@example.com. If we are unable to resolve any issues you may have or you would like to make a further complaint, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting http://www.ico.org.uk for further assistance.
11) Changes to This Policy
Her Edit may amend this policy from time to time. If Her Edit makes any substantial changes in the way your personal information is used Her Edit will make you aware of this by posting a notice on the site.
Updated May 2018